5 Live Music Musts: Friday, October 4th
Friday, October 04, 2013
We’ll start off tonight in Cranston at the Park Theatre where Blues legends Buddy Guy returns. Guy is as hot as ever and is riding the wave of his new album Rhythm and Blues. 14 year old Guitar phenom Quinn Sullivan opens the show at 8:00. Click here to read our complete preview of the show. This show is nearing a sell-out – check the website above where a few tickets remain starting at $45.
Indie sensation Bill Callahan appears tonight at the Columbus Theatre in Providence. The Austin, TX songwriter, also known for his role spearheading the experimental group Smog, has been a critic’s darling for several years. His primitive, low-fi sound rules his new release,Dream River – it’s all the rage among the ultra-hip folk-rockers. Lonnie Holley opens at 9:00 - Tickets are $20.
Tonight Fete in Providence has a great lineup led by Brooklyn, NY Indie dance band Rumblebucket. With a sound described as “utterly post-genre—horns, synth, guitars, harmonies—a smile-inducing point on the tangent that connects Björk and Broken Social Scene," the band has received a lot of great press. With openers Kid Mountain along with Roz Raskin and the Ricecakes, this promises to be a great night. Tickets start at $15 – Show starts at 9:00.
24 Hour Music Project hits The Spot
On Sunday, it’s the return on the 24 Hour Music Project at The Spot in downtown Providence. A host of local bands will appear in this fundraiser for social causes in Rhode Island. Artists include Dan Dodd, Dylan Sevey, Wake and Baker, Resin ED, Galactic Alliance and P. Lowe. Music starts at 8PM – Its an 18+ show and tickets start at $10.
Coffee House Show of the Week
For a slightly slower pace Saturday night, we recommend acclaimed folk artist Ellis Paul at Common Fence Music in Portsmouth as our “Coffee House Show of the Week.” The popular Boston-based singer-songwriter is a major figure on the national folk scene. Look for his new “fan funded” album due out in 2014. Will Dailey opens the show at 8PM – tickets are $22 in advance, $25 at the door.
- MUSIC: Ask The Dead Reveal The Leans At Dusk
- MUSIC: Baroness Annihilates The Met
- MUSIC: Black Joe Lewis Makes Moves At Fete
- MUSIC: Comic Book Keith Gets Superhuman At One-Eighty
- MUSIC: Dudesmash Smashes Dudes At The Met
- MUSIC: El Ten Eleven Electrifies Fete
- MUSIC: Lonely Thursdays Get Lovely At The Parlour
- MUSIC: Long Lost Plays Dusk
- MUSIC: Monogold Shines At Fete
- MUSIC: Newport’s Celtic Rock Festival
- MUSIC: Pals Progressively Rock Dusk
- MUSIC: Supersuckers Roll Through Fete
- MUSIC: The Dear Hunter Is Right On Target At The Met
- MUSIC: The London Souls Howl At The Wolf Den
- MUSIC: Vudu Sister Gets Acoustic at the Met
- MUSIC: Woodstock Vets Rock Out at the Park
- MUSIC: Wooly Fair Transforms the Steel Yard
- MUSIC: Zappa Plays Zappa Gets Weird At Lupo’s